Personal Mission Statement – Ver 1.0
Okey, I have come up with a personal mission statement. If I keep this till I prefect this, I may never publish it. So I thought about just going ahead and putting it on here. So if I do make changes, I will add a new version. Anyway, I think publishing it is like officially adopting this as my creed! So, I am making a commitment to it.
Personal Mission Statement of Sampath Dassanayake:
- I will be a light, not a judge.
- Succeed at home first – I will love my family unconditionally and will be available.
- Excel at work – I will give 100% to the job at hand, without worrying about the next promotion or the job.
- Be proactive – I will act before being acted upon. I will be my own creator.
- I will create my own destinity (Begin with the end in mind)
- I will organize my life around deepest priorities. (First things first)
- I will seek a win/win solution at all times.
- I will seek to understand and then be understood.
- I will look for Synergy in life.
- I will work on balanced renewal of physical, mental, spriritual and social dimentions of my life.
- I will develop at least one onew proficiency a year.
- I will not fear mistakes nor failures. But I shall never forget the lesson.
- I will work towards becoming financially independent.
- I will keep my expenses within my earnings. I shall not get into debt beyond my earning capacity.
I have also created another mission statement around the current roles that I play. Here it is:
Roles and Goals:
- Individual – Myself is my greatest asset. I will seek balanced renewal of my spiritual, mental, physical, emotional and social dimentions of my life.
- Husband – My wife is my companion and best friend. I will be honest and true to her and will love her unconditionally and will accept her for who she is.
- Son – I will love and care for my parents to the best of my ability.
- Brother -I will be there for him as a friend whenever he needs me.
- Employee – I will give my best to the job at hand without worrying about the next job or promotion.
- Entreprenuer – I will work towards achieving my entrepreneurial dreams.
- Teacher – I wil share my knowledge freely and willingly.